Photographer Colin McCLoud has been spending some time at Thala Beach Lodge’s bird hide to capture the maiden flight of the youngest member of Thala’s resident Osprey family. Colin was rewarded last week when the young Osprey left the nest for its first flight. The Osprey is also known as a fish hawk or sea eagle. With a body 60cm in length and a 2 metre wingspan it is an impressive bird of prey and the symbol of Thala Beach Lodge. Checkout some of these fantastic photos Colin snapped.
Home › Osprey Takes Flight at Thala
- 10 of the Most Photographed creatures of the Great Barrier Reef
- Great Barrier Reef coral spawn: happening soon!
- Tropical North Queensland awards excellence in tourism
- Captain Cook Hwy to be known as Great Barrier Reef Drive
- Thala Beach Nature Reserve named in Top 10 Australian Hotels & Resorts
- Kick the knick knack hotel habit
- Australia on Lonely Planet's 'must visit' list in 2016
- 5 of the best Indigenous tours around north Queensland
- Lace monitor lizards at Thala Beach Nature Reserve
- Great Barrier Reef is a World Heritage wonder