Photographer Colin McCLoud has been spending some time at Thala Beach Lodge’s bird hide to capture the maiden flight of the youngest member of Thala’s resident Osprey family. Colin was rewarded last week when the young Osprey left the nest for its first flight. The Osprey is also known as a fish hawk or sea eagle. With a body 60cm in length and a 2 metre wingspan it is an impressive bird of prey and the symbol of Thala Beach Lodge. Checkout some of these fantastic photos Colin snapped.
Home › Osprey Takes Flight at Thala
- Lace monitor lizards at Thala Beach Nature Reserve
- Great Barrier Reef is a World Heritage wonder
- Aboriginal Australia: our country is waiting for you
- There's a wallaby in the lobby!
- Happy birthday to the world's largest crocodile in captivity
- There's a Wallaby in the lobby!
- Dwarf minke whales close to the heart of Thala's owner
- Carnivale 2015 festival is coming soon to Port Douglas!
- Winning video highlights Kuku Yalanji culture
- David Attenborough returns to Great Barrier Reef