Photographer Colin McCLoud has been spending some time at Thala Beach Lodge’s bird hide to capture the maiden flight of the youngest member of Thala’s resident Osprey family. Colin was rewarded last week when the young Osprey left the nest for its first flight. The Osprey is also known as a fish hawk or sea eagle. With a body 60cm in length and a 2 metre wingspan it is an impressive bird of prey and the symbol of Thala Beach Lodge. Checkout some of these fantastic photos Colin snapped.
Home › Osprey Takes Flight at Thala
- Magda Szubanski is special guest at Cairns Tropical Writers Festival
- Thala welcomes Dawn Princess cruise ship to Cairns
- Wonders of the Great Barrier Reef Australia
- Saltwater crocodiles - be 'crocwise'& view them safely
- Celebrating World Oceans Day with a special seafood menu
- Green Ants of Australia & why they're busy little rainforest builders
- Whale sharks on the Great Barrier Reef
- Celebrate Carnivale festival in tropical Port Douglas
- Strap yourself in for adventure in the Daintree Rainforest!
- Thala Beach Nature Reserve featured in Tourism Australia's aquatic and coastal experiences