Photographer Colin McCLoud has been spending some time at Thala Beach Lodge’s bird hide to capture the maiden flight of the youngest member of Thala’s resident Osprey family. Colin was rewarded last week when the young Osprey left the nest for its first flight. The Osprey is also known as a fish hawk or sea eagle. With a body 60cm in length and a 2 metre wingspan it is an impressive bird of prey and the symbol of Thala Beach Lodge. Checkout some of these fantastic photos Colin snapped.
Home › Osprey Takes Flight at Thala
- Great Barrier Reef features in Attenborough documentary
- Discounted Airnorth flights to Cairns start in March 2016
- 10 reasons why the wet season is the fun season!
- Carnivale festival in Port Douglas
- Wade Bowen appointed as Sales & Marketing Manager
- Book your Cairns IRONMAN accom at Thala Beach Nature Reserve
- North QLD Indigineous designers feature at Melbourne Fashion Festival
- Coral reef research to reverse rapid decline
- 10 of the Most Photographed creatures of the Great Barrier Reef
- Great Barrier Reef coral spawn: happening soon!