Photographer Colin McCLoud has been spending some time at Thala Beach Lodge’s bird hide to capture the maiden flight of the youngest member of Thala’s resident Osprey family. Colin was rewarded last week when the young Osprey left the nest for its first flight. The Osprey is also known as a fish hawk or sea eagle. With a body 60cm in length and a 2 metre wingspan it is an impressive bird of prey and the symbol of Thala Beach Lodge. Checkout some of these fantastic photos Colin snapped.
Home › Osprey Takes Flight at Thala
- Recipe from Osprey's Restaurant
- Q & A with Head Chef Luukas Trautner
- Win two nights at Thala Beach!
- Great Barrier Reef coral spawn: happening soon!
- Port Douglas in Top 10 Holiday Destinations
- Cairns benefits from Gulf Route flights with Rex
- Six top reasons to visit Port Douglas
- Dugongs - nature's smartest mammal!
- Thala Beach Lodge changes name to Thala Beach Nature Reserve
- Spring - one of the best times to visit Tropical North QLD