Thala Beach Lodge is proud to be one of Australia’s leading independent ECO tourism properties that supports the new marketing group, Eco Lodges of Australia .
ECO lodges of Australia consists of a collection of independent operators that provide the environmentally conscious traveler a responsible, ethical and sustainable experience in some of Australia’s beautiful natural locations.
“This group of accommodation choices are meeting the growing need and desires of the eco conscious traveller”, said Kym Cheatham, CEO, Ecotourism Australia. “These tourism operators are dedicating themselves to raising awareness of the environmentally responsible and properly credential accommodation operators around Australia.”
“More and more travellers are looking to make responsible choices in where they choose to stay and we have a responsibility to help them identify the most environmentally friendly accommodation options,” said Kym Cheatham.
“By using the brand ECO lodges of Australia, we collectively will help educate the traveller so that they do not get confused by the various ‘green claims’ in the marketplace.’
ECO lodges of Australia is made up of various styles of accommodation throughout Australia who have achieved Advanced Ecotourism certification.
The 14 founding members of ECO lodges of Australia are:
- Thala Beach Lodge Queensland
- Amarant Yarra Valley Victoria
- Corinna Wilderness Experience Tasmania
- Freycinet Eco Retreat Tasmania
- Great Ocean Ecolodge Victoria
- Jabiru Safari Lodge Queensland
- Karijini Eco Retreat Western Australia
- Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort Queensland
- Lane Cove River Tourist Park New South Wales
- O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat Queensland
- Paperbark Camp New South Wales
- Rawnsley Park Eco-Villas South Australia
- Silky Oaks Lodge Queensland
- Venus Bay Eco Retreat Victoria