Proud Dunghutti woman Samantha Harris is a top Australian model who was chosen as the face behind a new Tropical North Queensland tourism campaign, inviting Aussie travellers to re-ground themselves.
Touching down at Cairns Airport travellers are encouraged to recharge and reset from busy lives, to let go of day-to-day stress and reground themselves in nature. Which is just the sort of mindset we encourage at Thala!
Influential Indigenous model Samantha Harris was thrilled to be part of the campaign and recently took time to explore the area around Port Douglas and a teeny coral cay on the Great Barrier Reef she never knew existed. We were thrilled to invite Sam to Thala where she enjoyed Thala’s 600-odd coconut tree plantation.
“It was incredible to be invited to Tropical North Queensland; it felt like a dreamy holiday rather than work,” she said.
“I felt completely connected with the Feel Grounded idea from the minute we started working on this campaign to the end of the photo shoot, never before have I seen so much beauty in nature or chased so many waterfalls in one weekend.”
The #FeelGrounded Campaign will showcase exciting highlights from the region and invites travellers to Feel Grounded at:
• Vlasoff Cay, a secluded sand cay in the middle of the Great Barrier Reef, just a 10-minute chopper ride from Cairns is ideal for private picnics and swimming experiences.
• Fitzroy Island, a tiny barefoot resort offering a true tropical island getaway only a one-hour ferry ride from Cairns Marlin Marina.
• Dunk Island, a short water taxi ride from Mission Beach, boasts secluded beachfront camping.
• The Atherton Tablelands where leisurely drives take in scenic food trails.
• Mossman Gorge with incredibly emotive Indigenous smoking ceremonies and guided rainforest story-telling walks in Wet Tropics rainforest.
• Davies Creek where secluded rock plunge pools are less than an hour’s drive from Cairns.
“Swimming in Davies Creek Rock Pool with that view out towards the valley is something I won’t ever forget – personally or professionally,” says Harris.
As for Samantha Harris’ #feelgrounded advice to you in 2019?
“If you’re feeling stressed or need to get back to nature, put Tropical North Queensland on the list for a long weekend away – I promise you will come back re-energised and re-inspired,” smiles Harris.
“I’ve absolutely fallen in love with this part of Australia”.
Follow Sam Harris and other nature travellers in north Queensland on social media via the hashtags #FeelGrounded and #exploreTNQ.