Port Douglas Wedding Packages at Thala Beach – Terms & Conditions
Thala Beach Nature Reserve operates primarily to provide a relaxing holiday environment in natural surrounds for its Houseguests. The Resort welcomes Function Guests; however certain conditions are imposed to ensure Houseguests are not unduly affected by a function. The following conditions are to be adhered to for any function held and are in conjunction with any contract with the Resort for such.
A function is not confirmed until:
1. A deposit of A$1500.00 has been received and a receipt issued by the Resort
2. A contract has been issued by the Resort and is signed by both parties. A copy will be provided for the clients file.
3. Full payment of any function is required by the Resort no less than two weeks prior to the event. The Resort reserves the right to alter function details should this requirement not be met.
A credit card surcharge will be applied to any credit card payments. Alternatively, to avoid credit card fees, payment can be paid direct into our bank account. Please advise and we will forward bank details.
Tentative reservations will be held for 14 days before being released. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure deposits are paid by the specified dates. Functions may be cancelled if final payment is not received by the due date.
Weddings and other functions
At time of booking: A$1500.00 deposit required
Two weeks prior to function date: Balance
If beverage is ‘on consumption’, a reasonable estimated amount is pre-paid – the balance is to be paid on the night by cash or credit card.
1. Cancellations received up to 90 days prior to the confirmed date of the function will be reimbursed in full, less A$200 administration fee.
2. Less than 90 days notice will result in the forfeiture of your deposit.
1. Guaranteed final numbers are requested at least 72 hours prior to function commencement Numbers confirmed at this time will be catered for.
2. The Resort/Restaurant reserves the right to charge in accordance with the guaranteed final numbers if less eventuate.
FUNCTION GUESTS BEHAVIOUR
1. Function Guests must respect the peaceful enjoyment of the Resort facilities and surrounds of all Houseguests.
2. Function Guests will be required to adhere to the Resort’s commitment to responsible service of alcohol. The Resort reserves the right of refusal of service to any Function Guests deemed by the Resort staff to be intoxicated.
3. No alcoholic beverages may be removed from the function area.
4. Function Guests are not permitted in any area of the Resort outside of the designated function area unless they are Houseguests of the Resort and therefore authorized in another area such as their accommodation
5. The Resort has a curfew of 11pm (2300) for any person other than Houseguests to be on the premises including guest accommodation.
6. Function conclusion times must be adhered to and all departing attendees leave in a quiet manner within 30 minutes of the conclusion of the function.
7. The Bride and Groom will be the designated contact for the Resort staff (unless otherwise agreed to) to liaise with in the event of problems occurring with Function Guests behaviour.
COMPENSATION FOR COMPLAINTS OR DAMAGE
1. Any breakages or damages to Resort or Houseguest property as a result of the function will be the responsibility of the person paying for the function.
2. The Resort reserves the right to seek a bond from the client to pay for such costs should they eventuate. This bond shall be fully refundable to the client should all conditions be reasonably adhered to and the Resort does not have any notable claims from Houseguests against the Resort.
INSURANCE AND DAMAGE
The Resort and Restaurant will exercise due care and caution whilst handling function attendee’s and their property. Unfortunately, no responsibility will be accepted in relation to damage to or loss of property before, during or after a function. We suggest that private insurance cover be arranged for valuable property. Please confirm with our Wedding / Function Co-ordinator before you commence arranging any display material or decorations.
Special accommodation rates may be provided to Function attendees on the day of the event, subject to availability, should they wish to stay in the Resort.
1. Entertainment booked for any event must be consulted with the Resort and approval received from the Resort prior to any entertainment being confirmed. The Resort will not be responsible for any cancellation fees or charges should entertainment be confirmed without the Resort’s approval. The Resort is not responsible for any other band requirements
2. Entertainment must cease by 10.30pm for any function held.
3. Entertainment must be maintained below a level of 95 decibels.
4. No DJ’s may be used
5. No amplified sound permitted (No PA Systems or Microphones). Only non-amplified, background music may be conducted until 10.30pm. A soloist, duo, Ipod or laptop is permitted in this area.
RESPONSIBLE SERVICE OF ALCOHOL
All functions will be subject to Federal Laws regarding the Responsible Service of Alcohol.
The Resort/Restaurant license for functions extends to 11pm and Function Guests are required to be off premises by this time. A labour surcharge will also apply on public holidays.