Would you like to work with us?
We are a locally owned 83 room eco resort 10 minutes south of Port Douglas or 25 minutes north of Palm Cove. We seek a motivated individual with an empathy for nature that enjoys meeting interesting guests.
Use the application form at the bottom of this page to register your interest and submit your CV.
Updated September 2021
As the face of the Resort we need someone astute, well presented and confident with guest check in & outs, tour bookings, cash handling, front office duties & problem solving.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Perform front of house duties including meeting/greeting guests and attending to their needs in a professional and welcoming manner.
- Display an intermediate level of computer skills and confidence in using property management systems.
- Ensure all reservations, cancellations and no shows are processed efficiently.
- Provide accurate information to potential guests in relation to room prices, specials and services.
- Undertake general office duties including reservations, correspondence, emails and phone calls.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service and focus.
- Follow through with clear communication and handover to ensure guest satisfaction and teamwork.
- Take pride in the cleanliness of the hotel for both back of house and front of house areas.
- Be available a minimum of 3 days per week for work which may include weekends and public holidays. Hours of work may vary.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with speed and accuracy in a fast paced environment.
- Remain professional in difficult situations.
- Display confidence in opening / closing shifts, handing over, using payment terminals and cash handling.
- Work well as part of a team and autonomously.
- Current drivers licence.
Skills and experience
Previous experience working in a hotel and dealing with the public is favourable.