Would you like to work with us?
We are a locally owned eco resort 10 minutes south of Port Douglas or 25 minutes north of Palm Cove. We seek a motivated individual with an empathy for nature that enjoys meeting interesting guests.
Use the application form at the bottom of this page to register your interest and submit your CV.
Updated March 2024
Sales and Marketing Executive
About the Role
Coordinating and executing Sales and Marketing tasks to complete daily, weekly and monthly goals. Strong ability to generate engaging content with a working understanding of identifying and leveraging B2C and B2B opportunities across both new and traditional platforms and distribution channels. This is a full time position for someone to be based locally on-site at Thala Beach Nature Reserve.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop, coordinate and execute marketing campaigns.
- Produce professional visual and written content.
- Reputation management
- SEM/SEO monitoring and health checks
- Digital and Social media content production & marketing
- OTA profile updates
- EDM campaigns
- Press Release copywriting and distribution
- Executing guest targeted campaigns & initiatives
- Brand continuity across print materials, signage and digital assets
- Identifying and leveraging campaign ideas to drive sales
- Rate parity and UX checks
- Yield management monitoring
- Monthly reporting of activities and goals
- Set and achieve goals
- Identifying and tracking relevant KPIs
- Conduct famils & site inspections
- Product training and presentations
- Initiatives to encourage and collate guest generated content
- Contact with local, state and national tourism bodies to leverage content, campaigns and identify opportunities.
- Identifying and targeting relevant markets, demographics and geographic locations to drive sales and nurture brand recognition.
- Regular reporting and clear communication with Directors of S&M opportunities and ongoing activity.
- Eye for detail
- Driven creativity and flexibility to define role
- Ability to set and achieve goals efficiently
- Ability to work both autonomously and with a team.
- Well spoken and presented with clear communication skills.
- Passion for international tourism, the local area and environment.
- Experience in a similar previous role.
- Confident operation of camera and drone.
- Familiarity with, demonstrated ability and willingness to learn systems and resources related to S&M including; Google adwords and analytics, social media platforms and advertising, WordPress, Gsuite, Property Management System, Mailchimp, OTAs, graphic design and B2B inventory distribution channels.
- Working knowledge of traditional, new and emerging hotel inventory distribution channels and opportunities.
Join us at Thala Beach Nature Reserve (Port Douglas Far North Queensland), one of Australia’s leading Eco resorts.
Osprey’s restaurant is our on-site restaurant set in the treetops which is renown locally and enjoyed by both the public and in-house guests alike. We encourage creativity with an emphasis on fresh ingredients and progressive dishes.
An experienced and creative Chef is required to be part of our team. We are looking for someone who can be involved in the process of creating our always changing menus, specials and ensuring a professional presentation.
Join a small team with a passion to create memorable dining experiences.
Full-time salary: 65-70k
We have a full-time position for a Night Auditor at our eco resort.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Provide the highest level of customer service to guests including check-in and check-out of late arrivals and
- early departures.
- Review daily banking, daily takings and correct any discrepancies with a high level of accuracy and attention to
- Provide security and emergency management of the premises during your shift.
- Work autonomously, multi task, time manage and problem solve.
- Be available for shifts from 11pm to 7am which may include weekends and public holidays.
- Follow through with clear communication and handover to ensure guest satisfaction and teamwork.
- Display a thorough understanding of hotel policies, facilities and front desk operations.
- Display conﬁdence in genuine guest interaction and complaint handling.
- Take pride in the cleanliness of the hotel for both back of house and front of house areas.
- Maintain an orderly lobby area and arrange general cleaning duties as required.
- May take reservation enquiries and action accordingly.
The position requires a relevant Cert IV or higher qualification and at least 1 year of relevant work experience.
The position offers an annual salary of $60, 000 – $65, 000 negotiated based on your experience.
We are seeking a passionate individual with good communication and productivity skills to assist in managing and leading our housekeeping team.
- Assist in co-ordinating housekeeping department to complete daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
- Inspection of all public areas and rooms to ensure a high standard for our guests and maintain a world class presentation of the resort.
- Effective ordering and stocktake to maintain par levels of inventory.
- Establishing and implementing operational procedures and standards.
- Clear and effective communication to work closely with Front Office and Maintenance teams to ensure exceptional guest experiences.
- Managing the performance of employees.
- Team training.
- Effective communicator
- Keen eye for detail
- Hands on Leader
- Driver’s Licence
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Permanent Residency